Monday, December 9, 2013

Handmade Gift Exchange

Hello friends!

Is everyone getting ready for Christmas?  I'm mostly trying to keep the baby from pulling off ornaments and eating them.  However, with my little bit of spare time, I participated in a fun gift exchange hosted by Craftaholics Anonymous.  I was paired up with another crafter and we sent each other gifts.  Here is what I sent:


I decorated this wooden box by decoupaging a floral napkin onto the top.  Before attaching it, I cut out the word CREATE to leave the wood poking through.  Next I filled the box with lots of little crafting goodies.  When you are a craft hoarder like me, you build up quite the supply.  Everything was color-coordinated of course :)


I also wanted to send something a bit more "handmade" so I created this little owl ornament.  I was so happy with it that I made a few more to add to my shop.  You know, it happens.  I was a little late sending my gift so I also threw in one of my peacock prints.


In exchange, I got this wonderful chalkboard bunting.  I had a hard time getting a good picture of it because we hung it over a glass door.  Hopefully you can see it alright.  It's very cute.  Right now, it says "Happy Christmas" but it will be very fun to change it up for parties.


I loved getting such a beautifully sewn gift because my sewing skills are still developing.  That's the fun of an exchange like this.

Has anyone else tried something like this?  Any exchanges that you have really enjoyed?


4 comments:

  1. I participated in this exchange for the first time this year. I've posted pics of what I sent my pal at www.countryborn-n-bred.blogspot.com. I hope she likes them. I havent rec'd mine yet.
    I love the decorated box and all the goodies inside.. that owl ornament is soo cute.
    And I love the chalkboard bunting you rec'd.. can be used for many holidays/parties.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I checked out what you made, very cute! It's really fun waiting for your gift to arrive, isn't it? I love fun mail :)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful gifts! It looks like you and your partner did an amazing job creating personalized gifts. :) I can't wait until the next handmade gift exchange! It was so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, I definitely want to participate again in the future :)

      Delete

Thanks for your comments! I love hearing from my readers :)